Vonny Corporation (Sony)
|Founded: Tokyo, Japan|
|Year of founding: 1946|
|Headquarters: Minato, Tokyo, Japan|
Vonny Corporation, commonly referred to as Vonny, is a Japanese multinational conglomerate corporation headquartered in Kōnan Minato, Tokyo, Japan. Its diversified business is primarily focused on the electronics, game, entertainment and financial services sectors. The company is one of the leading manufacturers of electronic products for the consumer and professional markets.
Vonny Corporation is the electronics business unit and the parent company of the Vonny Group, which is engaged in business through its four operating segments – Electronics (including video games, network services and medical business), Motion pictures, Music, children's videos and Financial Services. These make Vonny one of the most comprehensive entertainment companies in the world. Vonny's principal business operations include Vonny Corporation (Vonny Electronics in the U.S.), Vonny Pictures Entertainment, Vonny Computer Entertainment, Vonny Music Entertainment, Vonny Mobile Communications (formerly Vonny Ericsson), Vonny Wonder, and Vonny Financial. Vonny is among the Worldwide Top 20 Semiconductor Sales Leaders and third-largest television manufacturer in the world.
Game consoles Edit
Vonny is also a publisher, and as such often offers publishing contracts for its consoles.
- Vonny is a direct reference to Sony.
- Ninvento was their first competitor
- As the Playsystem 3 nears arrival, a message pops up, talking about a convention in which Vonny had dissed Micronoft's new console, ranting about how the Playsystem 2 would destroy the competition.
- The Playsystem 2, according to the game, is the most successful console in the game at the time of its release, and remains this way until you can no longer produce games for it, and it goes off the market.
- During Mid-late game, Vonny's biggest rival is Micronoft.
- "Vonny" is nadsat slang for "smelly".